Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pictures Of Our Temporary Home











Okay. The long awaited pic's of the inside of our house are here. Some of my favorites are Mr. Minky on the phone in the master bath and Dane sitting on what we lovingly refer to as the 'stupid stove'. Dane's dump truck made it into a few just for fun. The small bathroom that you see with the rust/gold/green walls and matching skirt it really hard to give good detail on. The walls are quilted. All of them have a layer of batting and then the fabric. And 'Martha' even went to the trouble of finishing every edge with matching piping. Heather will appreciate that even a small bathroom must have taken forever. Tha matching skirt under the counter has come down more than a couple of times during a Reagan and KI skirmish. The counter top is paitned to look like tile. This is Reagan's bathroom and she thinks it is just great to have a place to herself. She has her own matching soap and room spray and her hair clips, curlers, ear rings, nail polish and lip glosses are all spread out like she is 17 or something. And how can I forget our new pet? This little dog is painted on the wall on the way up the back stairs. Pretty low maintenance.

5 comments:

The Littlest Hillbilly says: said...

OK. So you can go to a fox hunt, pet a fake doggie on the stairs, lose your mind in the padded room, have a new plaid "skirt" to wear when you get tired of all your old ones, get lost in an outdated garden, play shuffleboard on the kitchen counters, go on safari or talk while you're on the crapper all in one day and in one place! That is unheard of! It looks like the place could be unbelievably awesome if it was all redone. And the ants didn't come back. And the stove was fixed. And the telephone was yanked out of the toilet. Should I say welcome to the South? Or is yours the lone strange house? I have a feeling I am going to have to say welcome to the South. With much love, Hillbilly PS, when I can play the banjo, we will come out for a visit. But I will only play in the watercloset with the telephone. Thanks for the pictures, now I can picture what you are talking about much better. I hope you are able to find a house you like soon. :)

The Kersten Family said...

Stratton came in while I was on the computer and asked to see some pictures of Dane. He laughed at the one with Dane sitting on the stove! He thought that it was funny and hoped that he didn't get burned! Miss ya guys.

Wendy said...

I must say, even after hearing most of your stories on the phone, it is still quite entertaining to read all of the happenings in the "Life of Tam".

I keep forgetting that my sister is a blogger....I must remember.."Need cheap laugh, read blog".. Dually noted!!

The thing that makes dealing with our own issues worth it is reading about someone else's and realizing we don't really have issues..we have this thing called life that is happening to ALL of us... Although my stove is not necessarily a "stupid stove", i live with 4 stupid dogs that alone are enough for me to start my own blog.. Oh BTW, how many times have i heard the cliche story about dogs biting the mail man..well sure 'nuf, they really do hate mail men!!! CJ, (one of our german shepherds actually did it...wasn't sure what the heck to think of that..Yeah for being a stereotypical dog, or Bad Doggie..

Anyway, One funny thing...(i hope you see the funniness of this)
I was in Home Depot yesterday and heard the song "I've got the brains, you've got the looks, lets make lots of money"..and i laughed outloud...I think i actually embarrassed myself until i realized that 60= yr old men and illegal immigrants getting thier building supplies don't really care that a 30 something prissy chic just about peed herself!

anyway, miss you tons!

Lil Sis
Wendy Mikel

M Mod said...

WTH? Quilted walls? Thanks for the visuals. I love all the photos of your blossoming trees!

Cindy said...

Love the bathroom phone! I need one of those for Aaron.

Just catching up on the blogs, we've been sick for a while.

Love Erron and the Hummer story!

Saying Goodbye To Grandma

Saying Goodbye To Grandma

The Sorensen kids at Register Rock Idaho