Monday, April 14, 2008

Another Day In The Life

The repairman came to fix the stove today. He took one look at it before he even touched it and said, "'why are they even bothering to repair this thing?" After I explained to him the problems we were having he said that the part needed to fix it was not even made anymore. So he called the leasing agent and then the owner and we are finally getting a new stove tomorrow morning. To celebrate we should go out to dinner:)

Dane and I went to a play group today with the other kids his age in our ward. 5 three year-old boys and 3 girls with 4 younger siblings. I expected chaos but they actually did really well. It was a relief for me to have someone for Dane to play with. He really needed it. He misses Stratton so much and talks about him at least once a day. I have been researching preschools for him in the fall and many of them are already full. We are going to go and interview one on Wednesday. It is more spendy than we are used to but he would go twice a week 8:30-2. I was reluctant to have him gone that long at first but as I started thinking about it I realized it would give me the perfect opportunity to be in Reagan and Kale's classrooms next year and not have to rely on friends to watch him.

Erron and I went to see Sugarland and Little Big Town on Saturday. It was a much smaller venue than the Rose Garden. Almost a large high school gym. There were no bad seats and even the drunk cowboys were entertaining. LBT did a great version of Fleetwood Mac's 'Go Your Own Way'. Sugarland closed with a song that I never thought I would get to see live. 'Pour some Sugar' by Def Leopard. During the Wreckers and Keith Urban Erron got a lot of work done on his blackberry. This time he didn't do any. That might me a good indicator of how much Erron likes what we are doing. Monitoring his blackberry usage.

I had started my quest to find the best way in Knoxville to learn Italian earlier this week and actually found some useful podcasts on iTunes. Then at the Primary activity I met a woman in our ward that is from Sardinia. She has some great kids books that teach words for the basics and has some contacts at the Foreign Language Acadamy here. It got me really excited to get this going. My goal is to learn Italian with the kids and then do an immersion program with them either next year or the next for a month in Italy. After the road trips we have taken a month in a foreign country should be easy right?

My friend Holly sent me a link to a great video lecture given by a professor who is dying of cancer. Inspiring.
http://video.stumbleupon.com/?s=ithct48cqw&i=ufcchmyxqsuj9vwsemax

Heather, tomorrow just for you I have a recipe that has asparagus in it. Even my kids eat it.

1 comment:

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

I hate asparagus! I won't eat it Bad Tam. I won't! You can't make me! You're not the boss of me! Thanks for the phone call today. It was pleasant and enjoyable. I hope it was for you as well. And since I am hoping, I hope your ants got taken care of and that your extra stove will be gone soon. Maybe you could take it out back, bang the door off and let Dane use it as a fort! Yeah! You could put a little spring rod across the front and sew up a simple curtain and voila! Dane's little hidey hole. I think it would go well with the fake doggie, padded room and fox hunt. Either that or you could go buy a gun at Walmart and use it for target practice.

Saying Goodbye To Grandma

Saying Goodbye To Grandma

The Sorensen kids at Register Rock Idaho