Sunday, March 16, 2008

I Am Woman Hear Me Roar!!!!!!!!!

Even if my kids don't remember this, I will never forget. 2,800 miles, 10 states, 8 days, about 45 hours driving and countless potty breaks later. My multi-tasking skills have expanded to new realms. I can now drive and put a pillow case on a pillow after the boys have a pillow fight.

We are here in Knoxville. Erron took us to see the house this afternoon. He did a great job picking out a house for us to rent. The yard is amazing--about 10x bigger than our yard in Happy Valley. The bedrooms are nice and big and the back porch rocks! We even had a bunny run through the yard while we were back there. Dane thought great something to terrorize. Kale thought chasing a bunny was way too much effort and Reagan was thinking a living Webkin. The neighborhood is awesome and has a pool and tennis courts. Good job Erron!

Our stuff gets here on Tuesday so we will be in a Marriott until then. The kids were really great on this trip and aside from a couple of hours Saturday morning going through Illinois, I am so glad we did this. Reagan got a cold from Aunt Teena that took a couple of days to get over and Kale now has the flu and we are taking Dane to the Dr. for an ear infection tomorrow so life just goes on like before.

Trip Memories
1. Thank you to the sweet police officer in Independence, MO that took pity on me and instead of giving me a ticket for 49 in a 35, he gave me a warning and a stack of baseball cards for the boys.

2. Knowing that I was truly in the south when about five miles into Kentucky I passed the first of many mega churches with huge crosses on the top that have flashing lights to warn airplanes. Those crosses will kill ya.

3. Reagan laughing at some lady in the convenience store because she talks funny. She even asked if she had to start talking like that because she doesn't want to. I told her to make it her personal mission not to gain an accent.

4. The crazy guy with the green flashing light wishing me a Happy St. Patrick's Day -- two days early.

5. Not being able to use the pool in the Marriott in Pocatello because, "somebody did their business in the pool."

6. Erron being flustered because I wasn't worried about the house he rented. He kept saying he didn't want me to be disappointed. Are you kidding? I just wanted to be somewhere. We are homeless at this point.

7. Today I asked Reagan if she could be happy here in Tennessee. She said yes as long she could go back to Oregon to visit too. I asked her what she wanted to do in Oregon and she said see our friends. What if our friends move from Oregon? I want to visit our friends wherever they are. So it's not Oregon is our friends? She said yes that's it.

So we send our love to our friends wherever you are.

1 comment:

The Kersten Family said...

Hip-hip-hooray!! I'm glad that you guys made it in one piece. Stratton told me yesteday that he misses "his Daney". It's just not fair! Tell Reagan and Kale that we miss them too. When you get things settled the girls would love to call Reagan and play webkinz together. I'll call ya soon!
Cia

Saying Goodbye To Grandma

Saying Goodbye To Grandma

The Sorensen kids at Register Rock Idaho