Monday, June 2, 2008

Mission Impossible

Had you told me even this morning that I would achieve what until tonight I have thought impossible, I would have sighed and said, "In my dreams." Are you ready for this? We wore Dane out. At 9pm central time he staggered out of the pool after four hours and said, "Mommy, I want you." "Do you want to sit in my lap?" "No. I am done. I want to go to bed." Stunned silence from everyone at the pool. Me, Wendy, Dylan and especially Reagan and Kale. For us it is the equivalent of reaching the end of the Internet. It is not something we would ever see in this life. Me falling asleep in a chair watching Dane ride his bike at 7:45am sure. Reagan and KI begging for quiet time while Dane launches the scooter on one more round in the house maybe. But Dane, asleep and snoring without one complaint or even the need for Melatonin NEVER!

Had a little summer flash back this morning. Wendy and I took the kids grocery shopping at Kroger. I promised myself a long time ago that all three of them food shopping would not happen again if I could help it. This morning reminded me that they are all home for the summer and Erron barely lives with us so unless I want to start shopping on Sunday, they get to come with me for the summer. One of the least fun things that I can think of.

Good night to all.

1 comment:

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

I am with you on kids and shopping. It sucks. And I don't have a Dane. I cannot imagine. What a bonus! Dane wanted to go to sleep before you chained him down. So is there something wrong with him? Is he sick? Did you have a nice, quiet evening? I am enjoying reading about your high adventures in Texas. The stars at night are big and bright (clap clap clap) deep in the heart of Texas!

Saying Goodbye To Grandma

Saying Goodbye To Grandma

The Sorensen kids at Register Rock Idaho