Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ya'all Should Just Move Here

As promised, for all you rain drenched souls in the NW, here is what an 80* day in Tennessee looks like. Are you jealous?


And for my dear friend Heather, here is a cloudy day in Tennessee. Are you jealous yet?


One of the reasons I have not been blogging so faithfully the past couple of weeks is because I have been spending some quality time in the back yard admiring my favorite tree in the 80* weather. Really, it's okay to be jealous.


So what has been happening at the Sorensen's? Well, here is a picture of Reagan at Lunch with Grandparents Day. Yes, I do realize I am not her grandparent, aunt, uncle, cousin, etc. but what are you going to do when our nearest relative is in Houston, TX. Not really lunching distance. The other important things are that we have accepted an offer on our house in Portland. The inspection is this Saturday and they want to close no later than June 6. We found a house here in Knoxville (actually it's Farragut, reportedly where all the Yankees live). Our offer has been accepted and when I go back to take pictures we will post those babies. Dane and I 'helped' at Kale's Field Day on Tuesday, took lunch to his teacher for appreciation week today and will be 'helping' in Reagan's fun day tomorrow.

For any of you avid readers out there don't forget that Stephanie Meyer's new book, The Host, came out on the 6th. I pre-ordered with free overnight shipping and started reading it yesterday afternoon. I cried at least three times and then wanted to cry again when I finished it today. Partly because it was so darn good and now how long do I have to wait for the next Stephanie Meyer book? Early August. How will I last? I guess I will just have to read the Twilight series seven more times before #4 comes out. Now, if I could write like that, I would never have been an accountant. She just sucks you in.


This was the funnest part of my week so far. My friend, Marianne, has seven kids and her youngest, shown here with Dane, are 1 year-old twins. Hannah and Spencer are quite the little pair. Are you impressed that I managed them and Dane and that no one is screaming in this picture? Don't start giving me any medals yet. I bribed them all with french fries. No, I am not kidding. We all trooped out to get lunch for Kale's teacher and I took a side trip to McD's.

Reagan busted me the other day for still having an Oregon cell phone number. It took me over 35 years to be able to psychoanalyze myself as well as she does and she's 8. She's said, "I know. It's the last part of Oregon that you have and you don't want to let it go." There I was bawling my eyes out driving down Kingston Pike. So, I've decided that instead of me holding on to my Oregon cell phone number, ya'all should just move out here and enjoy the 80* weather with me. Just think, Dollywood is less than an hour away. Who doesn't love it when everyone they drive by, walk by or see from a distance waves and you? You can't tell me that you aren't hankering for grits at the Cracker Barrel on Saturday mornings. Here, they even keep score during the soccer games and the kids get real grades. You will see an unusually large number of orange objects year round because of UT but that is just one of their little quirks here. They drive very politely and everyone talks to you and your kids. Dane made friends with the two retired gentlemen that live behind us yesterday when they were out putting up a new bird house for one of the wives.

I have a new favorite line from 30 Rock last week. Kenneth - "I don't drink alcohol. This isn't alcohol. This is hill billy milk. I was raised on this stuff." As he proceeds to drink everyone under the table.

4 comments:

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

Thanks for the pic of the lone cloud. I feel better now that I am not the only one with a picture of clouds on their blog. I am afraid I won't be home to have our chat Monday. I will be up at the school painting more. In fact, I will be there every day until it is done. Hopefully the day it's done will be Wednesday. However, the day I know I will be done, I will let you know and we can make a date. It will be this week, it just won't be tomorrow. I'm sorry. But I look forward to our chat this week.

M Mod said...

You are a brat! Love the cloudy day pic. We actually talked about moving to Nashville many years ago when I thought distance would help cut those darn mama's apron strings. We'll probably just have to settle for visiting - if you haven't moved by the time we're ready to undertake such a trip : ) Congrats on the step forward in selling and buying the houses. Hope it all goes well.

BTW - thanks for your vote of comments on my last post. It definitely helped bolster my confidence in my ability to make those tough decisions. Pretty interesting about your pre-mission experience too.

M Mod said...

Ugh, too bad we can't edit our comments. What used to be "thanks for your vote of confidence" was meant to be changed to "thanks for your comments...." (I didn't want to use the word confidence twice, so close together.) Nerd? Yeah, I know.

Sharisa Lewis said...

congrats on the new house, can't wait to see photos... you are such an entertaining writer, watch out stephanie meir! sharisa

Saying Goodbye To Grandma

Saying Goodbye To Grandma

The Sorensen kids at Register Rock Idaho