Thursday, October 2, 2008

Oh The Drama

Have you ever watched The Office? If you have then you know Michael the manager of the Scranton branch. It is painful for me to watch him get into situations that are just so touchy. Now.....that same dread and pain is something plaguing me tonight as I make myself watch the VP debate. I have to watch to be an informed voter, but after Palin's TERRIBLE interview results this past couple of weeks, I am scared. The day Palin was named VP and the wave began to rise someone asked me what I thought. All I could say was that anything that rises that fast can only fall faster.

We had to DVR the debate because we were running around so now I am watching it in small increments so that I don't scream and wake the kids and Erron up. We are just getting to the foreign policy stuff. Could get very, very bad. Biden - what new things will he make up tonight. Palin - will she say the same three things over and over again after being coached or will she show a brain?

I can't watch. Iran or Pakistan? Will she know which is which? OMG I think she just used three world leader's names in one sentence and I think she even pronounced them right. The shame of low expectations! She spoke with Kissinger? Was that part of the debate prep? At least they brought in the big guns. Biden - how will she respond to the Spain statement? Nothing? Looked that up and it sounds very confusing. Israel, Israel. Blah Blah Blah.

Up to this point nobody is making me sick because they sound like they don't know what they are talking about but truly it just sound like same politics different day. Almost a relief actually. Oh there goes the N. Korean leader's name again. I really expected Biden to be better than this. All I have heard about was how amazing of a speaker and debater he is. He should be shredding Palin. Oh this is good. Palin just called out Biden on McCleran's statement. Did she read a newspaper this morning? Which one? Katie, that reminded me of a Barbara Walters question she likes to use on her celebrity interviews. If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be. Seriously, does that give Katie credibility again.

Can I get off topic for a second? This is one of the biggest news weeks of the year I think. VP debate, Wall Street Implodes, Congress tries to decide if and how much we will rescue/bailout. Where is Meridith Viera of The Today Show? I am a religious viewer of The Today Show. The first hour anyway while getting kids ready for school etc. All that crap of the third and fourth hour is not part of my world. I digress. Katie leaving was devastating to me. Love Matt. Love Anne and Al. But to have her replaced with Meridith was just yecky. At first she tried to be Katie and failed miserably. I don't like to watch her interviews. Unfortunately Katie can't come back. It would never be the same. So where is Meridith this week? Vacation? Really? Makes me wonder if something is going on there.

Scary question about Obama being taken out of the equation. Unfortunately, I have to wonder if he has to have more security that other politicians. Biden is smooth. He is eloquent. Palin did she really say 'dog gone it'. A shout out to her brother's third grade class? Hmm. Sweet? Cheese?

OHHHH. She just touted constitutional knowledge. Decent answer with specific issues that will be her pets. Biden - a history of getting things done? No portfolio but he will be in the room for every major decision. VP Cheney the most dangerous VP in history. Especially to his hunting buddies. HE-HE.

Lack of Experience vs. Lack of Discipline - this would be good if anyone actually answers it. A perfect ideal. Interesting phrase for a maverick. Good joke Biden about his only Achilles heel. A man showing tears in the VP debate? Please Palin don't cry. They will torture the Kleenex club if this goes any further. At lease Palin called Americans out to be more financially responsible. The idea that Wall Street is the only one to blame for our financial situation is RIDICULOUS. How many years have they been reporting on the increase in the average credit card balance of Americans? Hello. And NOBODY saw this coming? If anyone wants some good quotes on staying our of debt I used some good ones in the RS lesson I taught last week and they go way back.

Palins voice changes when she goes back to her Alaskan 'Joe six pack' roots. She is not scared to look into that camera.

Closing statements. Be Strong. Always been proud to be an American. Michelle Obama hurt them with that. Of course we have to refer to Reagan. We have a Reagan so we can't argue with that. Biden had some good ideas of what progress is about. Even character counts. Champ.

Am I too sarcastic? Who won? I miss Tim Russert. No car wreck. Sad mark of a successful debate.

What are Biden and Palin talking about after? Planning dinner at the Red Lobster:)

Palin's baby has never been awake in any appearance . How do they do that?

Now, all I can hope is that the microphone are off so that nobody embarrasses themselves.

Geraldine Ferraro said it very well. As a woman I wanted her to do well. As an American I wanted someone to give me something that made a difference so that I could decide who to vote on.

It's midnight. Need to listen to the reviews. The male leads best friend. Good one.

1 comment:

Sharisa Lewis said...

Oh I LOVE having your political comments. My sentiments exactly. I thought they both were more cordial and real than the presidential nominees. But, I was on nerves. Interesting point about Meredith being gone... maybe something with her husband's illness? Doesn't he have something? It is strange she's out for this, esp. when we'd want to hear her opinion on Palin. I miss political discussions, nobody really talks about it much here -- only football. So I'll have to rely on your blog!

Saying Goodbye To Grandma

Saying Goodbye To Grandma

The Sorensen kids at Register Rock Idaho